Right from childhood, our parents and teachers ask us to finish our homework on time. Whether it is one, two, or three homework assignments, we are said to complete them before the submission. Homework is good or not? This is an ongoing debate among many people. Some say it is beneficial and should be given, while others consider it a burden on the students. If you ask my opinion, I would say that the chances are 50-50. No one can deny the fact that assignments in schools and colleges are a great way to learn the course materials. However, it should be given within limits. Exceeding the limit and giving multiple assignments will be a burden for students, and they might get homework help online.
If you are a student and confused about right and wrong, you can find the answer in this write-up. Here we have discussed a few of the important advantages of assignment writing.
- Prepares you for exams: Exams are no different from assignments. The things you learn in your assignments are going to come up anyway in your exams. So if you regularly work on your homework, you learn your course materials well and can perform well in your exams.
- Makes you responsible: We all know that assignments are bound by a deadline, which means the student must complete them on or before the deadline. It is pointless to finish it once the time restriction has passed. So as a student, if you regularly do your homework or assignment, you gain a sense of responsibility. You try your best to finish your homework on time. These skills will be useful to you in the future as well. The person who becomes responsible can do everything effectively.
- You learn to manage your time: Completing the assignment with regularity helps the students manage their time effectively. Yes, you heard that right. You will learn to manage and complete all of your assignments and other schoolwork on time. This time management skill will also help you to be punctual in your day-to-day life and complete all of your work on time.
- Develops self-learning in you: Many students have the habit of only studying at school or in a classroom and not at home. If you are one of them, you are on the wrong path. Self-learning is important, and this can only be possible if you work on your school and college homework.
- Improve your course knowledge: The primary goal behind homework is that it helps you study your course and learn about your strengths and weaknesses. It will let you know how much you have learned about your subject and how much is left to study. All these things will motivate you to complete all of your study materials for the exams and score well in them. So if you want to earn high grades in it, start preparing for your homework as well. Directly preparing for the exams a week or so in advance might be difficult, but if you complete your homework daily, you can learn something daily.
- Clear your doubts: Doing your homework will help you review each of your course materials closely. You can also get the advantage of knowing your weak areas and clearing up your doubts before the examinations.
- Increases memory power: Writing a homework assignment requires a lot of patience, and it will help you boost your memory power and perform well in exams.
- Comprehend concepts better: Homework is related to what is taught in class. For example, if a teacher is teaching a mathematical sum in the classroom, she will ask the students to work on the other sums in their homes. While doing the homework, you get to recall the things you learned in class and can understand your subject better.
- Revise: Are you someone who finds reviewing everything before the exams difficult? If yes, then start making your homework a habit. You won’t have to study anything all at once since assignments will help you learn everything in chunks.
I hope with the above-listed points you have gotten an answer to your question. There is no denying that homework and assignments have a lot of advantages, and the major one is that it prepares students for their examinations. However, multiple assignments can be a burden for the students, and they might fail to concentrate on other things. When will they get time for extracurricular activities if they do their assignments the whole day? So it is advised for the teacher to give students fewer homework assignments and offer them assignment help. Homework is just a part of academics, and it should be left that way only.